Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dear Son,



Wow!  Where does the time go? It just flies by...

 I have just turned 50, you have just turned 31!  Amazing....
I enjoyed are visit so much..
You look so wonderful and I am so proud of you and the choices you are making

When my friends ask me, "how is it visiting your son in Prison?"  My answer is always the same....

I can remember one year when I did not hear from you at all

Another year you were living under a bridge in LA

Another year you phoned me from some place back East, you were freezing, had no money, no shoes, and no coat!  It was Christmas Eve and I was sobbing on the phone with the train and bus people begging for a ticket for you.  We got one and you came back

I have picked you up from, written to and taken collect calls from a number of California facilities 

Twin Towers
Colinga
Wayside
Orange County
Theo Lacy 

And more I can't remember or didn't know about

So, my visits with you, for me, are a JOY!  You are healthy, not on drugs, sleeping, eating, have clear eyes, can speak of the future without nodding off and you have shoes!  Blessings  I say...Further more,  you made me a Grandma before you were sent to Prison, another blessing, as I am in love with Kennedy...

No comments:

Post a Comment