Saturday, August 13, 2011

Dear Son, August 13, 2011

Before I send the fourth limb of Yoga I wanted to explain why this is so important to me.  Your last letter asked "why I was sending you a yoga book"?

Here is why I want you to open your mind to Yoga...

After Rusty died I was kind of wondering aimlessly, and for an alcoholic, wondering aimlessly  is not good!!!  I had a friend  ask if I wanted to go with her to Yoga, why not?  I thought....So the next night there I was, scared, embarrassed, and feeling so stupid....I followed my friend, borrowed a mat and went in to the studio....First of all as I walked in I felt an incredible sensce of peace and acceptance...I felt like I belonged and that is not a feeling that comes to me very often....The doing of the yoga was actually very strenuous so thinking was out of the question!  So one hour went by and I was not thinking of my sadness or grief, and I thought,  What A Miracle!  Besides my Alcoholics Anonymous meeting and friends and of course Kennedy, nothing had helped me so much!  After each session there is a short meditation with music, and every single time they started the music tears came down my cheeks, a continual flow that I could not stop nor did I want to - more healing than therapy this was for me.

There is so much to learn in Yoga as there are so many different practices....I want you to know that Yoga has given me....

a sense of well being
endurance
peace
acceptance
an outlet for grief, anger, sadness 
more chances to sit still and just listen
a way to put my troubles to the side for a bit 
a wonderful place to be 

Please read the book, I love you...Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment