Friday, February 4, 2011

February 4, 2011 Dear Son,

Now to continue our story – None of these changes were easy, and I could not have done it without help, asking for help is very hard to do and takes so much courage and when you ask for help you have to be prepared to follow thru!  My mom, once I stopped pushing away was and still is my biggest fan and helped me get into the National Education Center, where I really began to see potential in myself, gained self confidence, I was smart, I even was put on the Dean’s List!  Graduated top of my class!   Then there were the parenting classes! What a huge eye opener for me….Did you know – If you ask your child to do something and you get no response you should get up, walk over to the child, look them in the eye and ask again?  Yelling from the couch is not appropriate!  Who knew?  Reading to your child at night – hugging your child – telling your child how special, smart, and wonderful they are – actually going to the parent meetings at the school – my God I was working harder than I ever had in my life – trust me there were many times I wanted to give up but the thing is I had help now, once you reach out it is amazing what happens.  I had the support of my meetings, the school – my counselor – and The Family Connection, where we were both going…

 It was very hard to look at myself without any armor, seeing truths that were stuffed down so deep and covered with miles of denial!  To this day I continue to work on myself one major battle is with anger which many times in the past turned into Rage.


No comments:

Post a Comment